Getting to Know You
We collect and store a wide variety of information you submit to Live Portrait or give us in the ways described below. Some is personal information and some isn’t.
- What Is “Personally Identifiable Information” (or PII)? Information that identifies you, such as your name, email address or image, or that can be used to identify you when combined with other information, is “personally identifiable information.”
- When Do We Ask for PII?
- If you choose to purchase the services or use the services provided by Live Portrait, we may collect your name, email address, name of your school, and grade of schooling during the registration process.
- Live Portrait may ask you for other PII from time to time, such as contact information (like your mailing address and phone number), or demographic information (like your zip/postal code or region, hometown, gender, or education level). We may ask for this information from you in order for you to use the Site beyond just browsing.
- What Isn’t Personal Information? Information we can gather from your visit that doesn’t identify you personally, like your IP address, your operating system, your browser type and language, the date and time of your visit, as well as information about your ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the Site, your geographic region, the type of content you view, etc. We may do this by assigning your computer one or more cookies which may collect information about how you use the Site; we may use standard Internet tools, such as web beacons or cookies, which collect non-PII and track your use of the Site.
- Do I Have A Choice? While you’re not required to provide PII to view a Live Portrait, you will be required to provide PII if you register to use the services provided by Live Portrait.
- How Do We Use PII? There are some circumstances when we will share PII with trusted partners and others:
- Live Portrait may share personal information with third parties so you can receive products, services, and information you have requested.
- To trusted partners who work on our behalf to deliver the Live Portrait services or with whom we have close commercial contacts, however these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- With other companies within our corporate family.
- Live Portrait may disclose your contact information: (a) when we are legally required to do so; (b) to protect the interests or safety of Live Portrait or Site users; (c) to another company if we are bought, or if we discontinue operations.
- Live Portrait will not sell your personal information to any group, company or organization at any time.
- How Do We Use Your Email Address? Live Portrait will use your email address to contact you to manage your account. Unless you tell us not to, Live Portrait may also send you marketing and promotional materials regarding our service and its features and send you marketing and promotional materials that promote third party products, including from affiliates, third parties and trusted partners.
- What If I Don’t Want Email From Live Portrait? If you don’t want to get emails from us (except related to customer service or account issues) you may simply click the “unsubscribe” link in any of the emails you receive.
- How Do We Use Your Information For Advertising? Live Portrait will target advertising based on personal information provided by users and inferred from Site usage. This may include gender, age, or geographic data. Live Portrait does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad. We may bundle and share the non-personal information we collect from you and other users with advertisers, third parties, trusted partners and affiliates so that they display advertising that better suits your interests. We may aggregate your PII with information about others. In that case we will make your information non-personally identifiable by removing your name and other characteristics that would identify it as you. We may use and/or share the resulting non-PII with third parties.
- Do We Use Analytics Companies? We may provide some non-personal information to others who help us understand how you use the Site.
- How Can I Opt-Out of Having Non-PII Shared? You may choose to opt-out from allowing LIVE PORTRAIT to provide non-PII to certain partners. Visit networkadvertising.org, aboutads.info, and jumptap.com to make informed decisions about your online and mobile privacy and to opt-out.
- Ad Postings. The Site may feature ads, including ads served by others to our Site. These advertisers and ad servers may place or utilize their own unique cookies, pixels or web beacons, and may collect non-PII about your visit to the Site, such as your IP address and the number of times you have viewed the ad. LIVE PORTRAIT is not responsible for the collection of these cookies and is not responsible for what the ad service providers do with the information they collect.
Is There Anything Else I Need to Know?
While Live Portrait has security measures to help protect the information under our control, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- Live Portrait tries to protect your personal information and ensure the security of your communications on our systems. However, we cannot ensure or warrant that any information you transmit to us will stay safe and secure and you do so at your own risk.
Your information may be stored in whole or in part on equipment or in facilities leased or licensed from others. Although Live Portrait tries to keep your information safe, it relies on the statements of those vendors regarding the safety and security of their storage equipment and services as part of its evaluation. By using the Site, you agree that Live Portrait is not responsible for the storage equipment and/or services provided by others when said equipment or services do not work properly or as supposed to, and that you will have to seek any remedies from those providers, not LIVE PORTRAIT.